1. Constructor Quarterly CQ
CQ 33 - Rejuvinating Grandpa - by John Wilding. John Wilding is a senior horologist, widely respected as a designer and author. Meccano was a fascinating hobby in his boyhood, and returning to it, he has brought his experience to bear on a classic Meccano clock.
The Meccano Grandfather Clock was described in the Meccano magazine in 1923 November and December2
The Meccano Grandfather Clock - Super Model Leaflets 14 and 14a 1928.
The Meccano Grandfather Clock SML 14a 1931
CQ 53 - Super Model 14a - matters arising by John Wilding
CQ 49 - A Church Clock - by John Wilding - Gravity excapement clock full instructions with automatic electric rewind.
CQ 51 - A striking Unit for Meccano Clocks - by John Wilding - describes a locking plate and electric striking mechanism.
Midlands Meccano Guild - Skeleton Clock - by Roger Wallis - full instructions on building a pendulum escapement clock runing for 30 hours on a Meccano No 1. Clockwork motor.
CQ - June 1989 Do-it-yourself Wind-up Mecccano Clock - by Bert Love Mantel Clock - uses the spring from a No1 Clockwork Motor to power this excellent little clock
Gravity Escapement Clock - Alan Partridge - Sheffield Meccano Guild magazine - 1987 March, pp20-24, G M Modelplan No.79 1993.
Meccano Clocks - design and construction Field Survey by Pat Briggs Meccanomens' Journal October 1975 No. 41 p. 1213.
An Introduction to Clocks by Meccanomen's Journal Editor - with full bibliography
2. GMM series of Supermodels - full instructions
Astronomical Clock - Leaflet 6.
Pendulum Verge Clock - Leaflet 55
Lantern Clock - Leaflet 23
Rotating Pendulum Clock - Leaflet 10.
Foliot Verge Clock - Leaflet 53
Gmm. SMl 45 - Grandfather Clock with Dead Beat Escapement
Self Winding Balancing Wheel Clock - Ron Fail Meccano Magazine August 1971
The Bulle Clock - Electric pendulum impulsed clock -
Newsmag 29 - Designed by Keith Cameron based on earlier versions by Georges Gombet and Jack Partridge.
Astronomical Clock - Peter McCall - ModelPlan 65. Full instructions for building this extremely advanced clock
3. Reference List of Published Meccano Clocks and Mechanisms - Meccanoman's Journal
Books of Prize Models
1. 1915 Free standing spring driven pendulum clock
2. 1932 Mantel type elctric slave clock
3. 1916 to 1921 Simple weight driven pendulum type wall clock
4. 1930 to 1933 Spring driven pendulum type mantel clock
5. 1949 to 1952 Spring driven pendulum type mantel clock
6. 1954 to 1961 Self standing spring driven pendulum type
7. MM 11/12.23 Weight driven pendulum type grandfather clocklater published as SML 14.
8. MM.8.27 Weight driven pendulum type grandfather clock no instructions.
9. MM.11.28 Meccano electric time keeping apparatus
10 MM 6.29 Spring driven pendulum type Mantel clock
11. MM 8/9.30 a 10ft high clock with pendulum
12. MM4.31 Mantel type electric slave clock
13 MM.2.32 Meccano Grandfather clock
14. MM.3.33 Astronomical clock
15. MM.12.33 Mantel type electric clock
16. MM.2.35 8 pole synchronous motor
17. MM 4.35 Electric clock with waiting train mechansim
18. MM.9. 35 Master clock with striking and chiming mechanism
19. MM.11.35 Mantel type clock with synchronous motor
20. MM.9.36 Weight driven pendulum wall clock
21. MM.11.36 Weight driven pendum grandfather clock
22. MM.10.37 Unusual electric clock with two rings.
23. MM.4.38 8 pole synchonous motor
24. MM.3.39 Electric operated slave clock
25. MM.4.40 8 pole synchronous motor
26. MM.10.40 Novel chiming clock
27. MM.1.41 Electric astronomical electric clock
28. MM.7.45 Weight driven pendulum wall clock
29. MM.4.46 Electric Astronomical clock
30. MM.8.46 Weight driven pendulum grandfather clock
31. MM.10 46. Electric bracket clock
32. MM.7.48. Weight driven pendulum grandfather clock
33. MM.1.50 Giant astronomical clock
34. MM.2.52. Weight driven pendulum grandfather clock
35. MM..6.53. Weight driven pendulum clock
36. MM.12.54. Mantel type elctric clock
37. MM.9.57. Weight driven pendulum wall clock
38. MM.12.59. Weight driven pendulum grandfather clock
39. MM.6.61. Weight driven pendulum wall clock
40. MM.9.66 Weight driven grandfather clock with automatic electric rewind.
41. MM.3.67. Mantel type with synchronous motor.
43. The Meccano Clock. Weight driven pendulum clock
44. SML14 1928 The Meccano Grandfather Clock
45. SML 14a 1931. The Meccano grandfather Clock
French Meccano Magazines
46. FMM.12.33 Astronomical clock
47. FMM.11.55 Simple self standing clock